Please contact the webmaster if you have any questions or comments regarding the website.
Safari Septic and Home Services, LLC
16877 East Colonial Drive, PMB # 115 Orlando, Florida 32820
Phone: 321-221-0300 Fax: 321-226-9400
From the Bureau of Onsite Sewage Program
Florida Department of Health
"A Homeowner's Guide to Septic Systems"
- Pump your tank at least every 3 to 5 years to help ensure it continues to work properly.
- Waste and kitchen garbage disposal material can build up over time, so pumping your system is an important step.
- Have your septic system inspected every 3 years by a licensed sewage disposal company for any problems.
- Having your system inspected and pumped on a regular basis is a bargain when you consider the cost of replacing the entire system.
- Do not drive over or park vehicles on your septic tank or drainfield.
- Plant only grass over and near your drainfield to avoid damage from roots.
- Make sure your gutter downspouts are directed away from the drainfield area.
- Fix leaky toilets and dripping faucets as soon as possible.
- Use your toilet to flush human waste only. Anything other than human waste can clog and possibly damage your septic system.
- Do not pour household products, such as cleansers, medicine, auto fluids, paint and lawn care products down the drain. These items can pollute surface and ground water, which supplies your drinking water. It may also end up in your local rivers, lakes and coastal waters.
- Compost your kitchen scraps rather than use your garbage disposal, to help your septic system last longer.
Don't Waste Water - Your system is sized on an expected average use of 50 gallons per person per day. A dripping faucet or leaky toilet can waste as much as 200 gallons each day.
Don't Overload Your Drainfield - Keep draining water from roof or yard away from drainfield. Distribute laundry loads throughout week.
Proper septic maintenance can help keep your system healthy for many years.
General Septic Maintenance
Safari Septic recommends the following for septic maintenance:
Don't be sorry, call Safari!